Scrabble word: SMART
In which Scrabble dictionary does SMART exist?
Definitions of SMART in dictionaries:
- noun - a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore
- verb - be the source of pain
- adj - showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness
- adj - elegant and stylish
- adj - characterized by quickness and ease in learning
- adj - improperly forward or bold
- adj - painfully severe
- adj - quick and brisk
- adj - capable of independent and apparently intelligent action
- Characterized by sharp, quick thought; bright.
- Amusingly clever; witty: a smart quip; a lively, smart conversation.
- Impertinent; insolent: That’s enough of your smart talk.
- Energetic or quick in movement: a smart pace.
- Canny and shrewd in dealings with others: a smart business person.
- Of, relating to, or being a highly automated device, especially one that imitates human intelligence: smart missiles.
- Having the capacity to perform operations independently of the computer.
- Accomplished; talented: He’s a right smart ball player.
- To cause a sharp, usually superficial, stinging pain: The slap delivered to my face smarted.
- To be the location of such a pain: The incision on my leg smarts.
- To feel such a pain.
- To suffer acutely, as from mental distress, wounded feelings, or remorse: “No creature smarts so little as a fool” (Alexander Pope).
- To suffer or pay a heavy penalty.
- Intelligence; expertise: “Like courting the prettiest girl in school, the chase requires smarts” (Jackie MacMullan).
- adj - characterized by mental acuity
- verb - to cause a sharp, stinging pain