Scrabble word: SINK
In which Scrabble dictionary does SINK exist?
Definitions of SINK in dictionaries:
- noun - plumbing fixture consisting of a water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe
- noun - (technology) a process that acts to absorb or remove energy or a substance from a system
- noun - a depression in the ground communicating with a subterranean passage (especially in limestone) and formed by solution or by collapse of a cavern roof
- noun - a covered cistern
- verb - fall or descend to a lower place or level
- verb - cause to sink
- verb - pass into a specified state or condition
- verb - go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- verb - descend into or as if into some soft substance or place
- verb - appear to move downward
- verb - fall heavily or suddenly
- verb - fall or sink heavily
- verb - embed deeply
- To descend to the bottom; submerge.
- To fall or drop to a lower level, especially to go down slowly or in stages: The water in the lake sank several feet during the long, dry summer.
- To subside or settle gradually, as a massive or weighty structure.
- To appear to move downward, as the sun or moon in setting.
- To slope downward; incline.
- To pass into a specified condition: She sank into a deep sleep.
- To deteriorate in quality or condition: The patient is sinking fast.
- To diminish, as in value.
- To become weaker, quieter, or less forceful: His voice sank to a whisper.
- To drop or fall slowly, as from weakness or fatigue: The exhausted runner sank to the ground.
- To feel great disappointment or discouragement: Her heart sank within her.
- To seep or soak; penetrate: The water is sinking into the ground.
- To make an impression; become felt or understood: The meaning finally sank in.
- To cause to descend beneath a surface: sink a ship.
- To cause to drop or lower: sank the bucket into the well.
- To force into the ground: sink a piling.
- To dig or drill (a mine or well) in the earth.
- To occupy the full attention of; engross.
- To make weaker, quieter, or less forceful.
- To reduce in quantity or worth.
- To debase the nature of; degrade.
- To bring to a low or ruined state; defeat or destroy.
- To suppress or hide: He sank his arrogance and apologized.
- To defeat, as in a game.
- To invest: sink money into a new housing project.
- To invest without any prospect of return.
- To pay off (a debt).
- To get (a ball) into a hole or basket.
- A water basin fixed to a wall or floor and having a drainpipe and generally a piped supply of water.
- A cesspool.
- A sinkhole.
- In thermodynamics, the part of a system from which heat, or more generally, energy is removed from the system.
- To succeed or fail without alternative.
- adj - to move to a lower level [v SANK, SUNK or SUNKEN, SINKING, SINKS] : SINKABLE
There are 4 letters in SINK: I K N S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SINK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SINK plus a wildcard: SINK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SINK
Images for SINK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.