Scrabble word: MONUMENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does MONUMENT exist?
Definitions of MONUMENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a structure erected to commemorate persons or events
- noun - an important site that is marked and preserved as public property
- noun - a burial vault (usually for some famous person)
- A structure, such as a building or sculpture, erected as a memorial.
- An inscribed marker placed at a grave; a tombstone.
- Something venerated for its enduring historic significance or association with a notable past person or thing: traditions that are monuments to an earlier era.
- An outstanding, enduring achievement: a translation that is a monument of scholarship.
- An exceptional example: “Thousands of them wrote texts, some of them monuments of dullness” (Robert L.
- An object, such as a post or stone, fixed in the ground so as to mark a boundary or position.
- A written document, especially a legal one.
- noun - a structure built as a memorial