Scrabble word: INITIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INITIATE exist?
Definitions of INITIATE in dictionaries:
- noun - someone new to a field or activity
- noun - someone who has been admitted to membership in a scholarly field
- noun - people who have been introduced to the mysteries of some field or activity
- verb - bring into being
- verb - take the lead or initiative in
- verb - accept people into an exclusive society or group, usually with some rite
- verb - bring up a topic for discussion
- verb - set in motion, start an event or prepare the way for
- To introduce to a new field, interest, skill, or activity.
- To admit into membership, as with ceremonies or ritual.
- Initiated or admitted, as to membership or a position of authority.
- Instructed in esoteric knowledge.
- Introduced to something new.
- One who is being or has been initiated.
- One who has been introduced to or has attained knowledge in a particular field.