Scrabble word: DIVEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIVEST exist?
Definitions of DIVEST in dictionaries:
- verb - take away possessions from someone
- verb - deprive of status or authority
- verb - reduce or dispose of
- verb - remove (someone's or one's own) clothes
- To strip, as of clothes.
- To deprive, as of rights or property; dispossess.
- To free of; rid: “Most secretive of men, let him at last divest himself of secrets, both his and ours” (Brendan Gill).
- To sell off or otherwise dispose of (a subsidiary company or an investment).
- To devest.
- verb - to strip or deprive of anything