Scrabble word: BARRAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BARRAGE exist?
Definitions of BARRAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- noun - the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
- verb - address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
- An artificial obstruction, such as a dam or an irrigation channel, built in a watercourse to increase its depth or to divert its flow.
- A heavy curtain of artillery fire directed in front of friendly troops to screen and protect them.
- A rapid, concentrated discharge of missiles, as from small arms.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to direct a concentrated outpouring, as of missiles or words, at something or someone”: barraging the speaker with questions; bombarded the box office with ticket orders; peppered the senator with protests; showered the child with gifts.
- verb - to subject to a massive attack