Scrabble word: SHADOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHADOW exist?
Definitions of SHADOW in dictionaries:
- noun - shade within clear boundaries
- noun - an unilluminated area
- noun - something existing in perception only
- noun - a premonition of something adverse
- noun - an indication that something has been present
- noun - refuge from danger or observation
- noun - a dominating and pervasive presence
- noun - a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements
- noun - an inseparable companion
- verb - follow, usually without the person's knowledge
- verb - cast a shadow over
- verb - make appear small by comparison
- An area that is not or is only partially irradiated or illuminated because of the interception of radiation by an opaque object between the area and the source of radiation.
- The rough image cast by an object blocking rays of illumination.
- An imperfect imitation or copy.
- A feeling of gloom or unhappiness.
- A cause of gloom or unhappiness.
- A shaded area in a picture or photograph.
- A mirrored image or reflection.
- A phantom; a ghost.
- One, such as a detective or spy, that follows or trails another.
- A constant companion.
- A faint indication; a premonition.
- A vestige or remnant.
- An insignificant portion or amount; a trace: beyond a shadow of a doubt.
- Shelter; protection.
- To cast a shadow on; shade.
- To make gloomy or dark; cloud.
- To represent vaguely, mysteriously, or prophetically.
- To darken in a painting or drawing; shade in.
- To follow, especially in secret; trail.
- To change by gradual degrees.
- Not having official status: a shadow government of exiled leaders; a shadow cabinet.
- verb - to make dark or gloomy