Scrabble word: SHOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHOW exist?
Definitions of SHOW in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining
- noun - something intended to communicate a particular impression
- noun - a social event involving a public performance or entertainment
- noun - pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression
- verb - give an exhibition of to an interested audience
- verb - establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- verb - provide evidence for
- verb - make visible or noticeable
- verb - show in, or as in, a picture
- verb - give expression to
- verb - indicate a place, direction, person, or thing
- verb - be or become visible or noticeable
- verb - indicate a certain reading
- verb - give evidence of, as of records
- verb - take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
- verb - finish third or better in a horse or dog race
- To cause or allow to be seen; display.
- To display for sale, in exhibition, or in competition: showed her most recent paintings.
- To conduct; guide: showed them to the table.
- To direct one’s attention to; point out: show them the biggest squash in the garden.
- To manifest (an emotion or a condition, for example); reveal: showed displeasure at his remark; a carpet that shows wear.
- To permit access to (a house, for example) when offering for sale or rent.
- To reveal (oneself) as in one’s behavior or condition: The old boat showed itself to be seaworthy.
- To indicate; register: The altimeter showed that the plane was descending.
- To demonstrate by reasoning or procedure: showed that the hypothesis was wrong; a film that showed how to tune a piano.
- To demonstrate to by reasoning or procedure; inform or prove to: showed him how to fix the camera; showed her that it could really happen.
- To grant; bestow: showed no mercy to the traitors.
- To plead; allege: show cause.
- To be or become visible or evident.
- To make an appearance; show up: didn’t show for her appointment.
- To give a performance or present an exhibition.
- To finish third or better in a horserace or dog race.
- A display; a manifestation: made a show of strength.
- A trace or an indication, as of oil in a well.
- The discharge of bloody mucus from the vagina indicating the start of labor.
- The first discharge of blood in menstruation.
- A false appearance; a pretense: only a show of kindness.
- A striking appearance or display; a spectacle.
- A pompous or ostentatious display.
- Display or outward appearance: This antique tea service is just for show.
- A public exhibition or entertainment.
- A radio or television program.
- A movie.
- A theatrical troupe or company.
- An affair or undertaking: ran the whole show.
- Third place at the finish, as in a horserace.
- To be clearly visible.
- To put in an appearance; arrive.
- To expose or reveal the true character or nature of: showed their efforts up as a waste of time.
- To surpass, as in ability or intelligence.
- To display one’s cards with faces up.
- These verbs mean to present something to view.
- adj - to cause or permit to be seen [v SHOWED, SHOWN, SHOWING, SHOWS] : SHOWABLE
There are 4 letters in SHOW: H O S W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHOW
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHOW plus a wildcard: SHOW?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHOW
Images for SHOW
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.