Scrabble word: SHOWY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHOWY exist?
Definitions of SHOWY in dictionaries:
- adj - marked by ostentation but often tasteless
- adj - displaying brilliance and virtuosity
- adj - (used especially of clothes) marked by conspicuous display
- adj - superficially attractive and stylish
- Making an imposing or aesthetically pleasing display; striking: showy flowers.
- Displaying brilliance and virtuosity of ability or performance: a showy violin solo.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “marked by striking, often excessively conspicuous display”: a cheap, showy rhinestone bracelet; an entertainer’s flamboyant personality; an ostentatious sable coat; a pretentious scholarly edition; a splashy advertising campaign.
- adj - making a great or brilliant display