Scrabble word: RETREAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does RETREAT exist?
Definitions of RETREAT in dictionaries:
- noun - (military) withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy's superior forces or after a defeat
- noun - a place of privacy
- noun - (military) a signal to begin a withdrawal from a dangerous position
- noun - (military) a bugle call signaling the lowering of the flag at sunset
- noun - an area where you can be alone
- noun - withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation
- noun - the act of withdrawing or going backward (especially to escape something hazardous or unpleasant)
- verb - pull back or move away or backward
- verb - move away, as for privacy
- verb - move back
- verb - make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity
- The act or process of withdrawing, especially from something hazardous, formidable, or unpleasant.
- The process of going backward or receding from a position or condition gained.
- A place affording peace, quiet, privacy, or security.
- A period of seclusion, retirement, or solitude.
- A period of group withdrawal for prayer, meditation, and study: a religious retreat.
- Withdrawal of a military force from a dangerous position or from an enemy attack.
- The signal for such withdrawal.
- A bugle call or drumbeat signaling the lowering of the flag at sunset, as on a military base.
- The military ceremony of lowering the flag.
- To fall or draw back; withdraw or retire.
- To move (a chess piece) back.
- verb - to go back or backward