Scrabble word: PROGRAM
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROGRAM exist?
Definitions of PROGRAM in dictionaries:
- noun - a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
- noun - a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
- noun - a radio or television show
- noun - a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
- noun - an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
- noun - an integrated course of academic studies
- noun - (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
- noun - a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
- verb - arrange a program of or for
- verb - write a computer program
- A listing of the order of events and other pertinent information for a public presentation.
- The presentation itself: a program of piano pieces.
- A scheduled radio or television show.
- An ordered list of events to take place or procedures to be followed; a schedule: a program of physical therapy for a convalescent.
- A system of services, opportunities, or projects, usually designed to meet a social need: “Working parents rely on the center’s after-school latchkey program” (New York Times).
- A course of academic study; a curriculum.
- A plan or system of academic and related or ancillary activities: a work-study program.
- A plan or system of nonacademic extracurricular activities: the football program.
- A set of coded instructions for insertion into a machine, in accordance with which the machine performs a desired sequence of operations.
- Computer Science.
- A procedure for solving a problem that involves collection of data, processing, and presentation of results.
- Such a procedure coded for a computer.
- An instruction sequence in programmed instruction.
- To include or schedule in a program: program a new musical composition.
- To design a program for; schedule the activities of.
- To provide (a machine) with a set of coded working instructions.
- To provide (a computer) with a set of instructions for solving a problem or processing data.
- To train to perform automatically in a desired way, as if programming a machine: crudely programming children to make the right responses.
- To prepare an instructional sequence for (material to be taught) in programmed instruction.
- verb - to arrange in a plan of proceedings