Scrabble word: PORTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does PORTER exist?
Definitions of PORTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a person employed to carry luggage and supplies
- noun - someone who guards an entrance
- noun - United States writer of novels and short stories (1890-1980)
- noun - United States composer and lyricist of musical comedies (1891-1946)
- noun - United States writer of short stories whose pen name was O. Henry (1862-1910)
- noun - a railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars)
- noun - a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley
- verb - carry luggage or supplies
- adj - located on the left side of a ship or aircraft
- A person employed to carry burdens, especially an attendant who carries travelers’ baggage at a hotel or transportation station.
- A railroad employee who waits on passengers in a sleeping car or parlor car.
- A maintenance worker for a building or an institution.
- One in charge of a gate or door.
- A dark beer resembling light stout, made from malt browned or charred by drying at a high temperature.
- verb - to act as a porter (one who carries luggage)