Scrabble word: PASSIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PASSIVE exist?
Definitions of PASSIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the source) of the action denoted by the verb
- adj - lacking in energy or will
- adj - peacefully resistant in response to injustice
- adj - expressing that the subject of the sentence is the patient of the action denoted by the verb
- Receiving or subjected to an action without responding or initiating an action in return.
- Accepting or submitting without objection or resistance; compliant.
- Not participating, acting, or operating; inert.
- Of, relating to, or being certain bonds or shares that do not bear financial interest.
- Of, relating to, or being a solar heating or cooling system that uses no external mechanical power.
- Of, relating to, or being a verb form or voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject is the object of the action or the effect of the verb.
- Unreactive except under special or extreme conditions; inert.
- Exhibiting no gain or contributing no energy: a passive circuit element.
- Relating to or characteristic of an inactive or submissive role in a relationship, especially a sexual relationship.
- The passive voice.
- A verb or construction in the passive voice.
- One that is submissive or inactive.
- noun - a verb form