Scrabble word: PASSIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PASSIVE exist?
Definitions of PASSIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the source) of the action denoted by the verb
- adj - lacking in energy or will
- adj - peacefully resistant in response to injustice
- adj - expressing that the subject of the sentence is the patient of the action denoted by the verb
- Receiving or subjected to an action without responding or initiating an action in return.
- Accepting or submitting without objection or resistance; compliant.
- Not participating, acting, or operating; inert.
- Of, relating to, or being certain bonds or shares that do not bear financial interest.
- Of, relating to, or being a solar heating or cooling system that uses no external mechanical power.
- Of, relating to, or being a verb form or voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject is the object of the action or the effect of the verb.
- Unreactive except under special or extreme conditions; inert.
- Exhibiting no gain or contributing no energy: a passive circuit element.
- Relating to or characteristic of an inactive or submissive role in a relationship, especially a sexual relationship.
- The passive voice.
- A verb or construction in the passive voice.
- One that is submissive or inactive.
- noun - a verb form
There are 7 letters in PASSIVE: A E I P S S V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PASSIVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PASSIVE plus a wildcard: PASSIVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PASSIVE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PASSIVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.