Scrabble word: MEANING
In which Scrabble dictionary does MEANING exist?
Definitions of MEANING in dictionaries:
- noun - the message that is intended or expressed or signified
- noun - the idea that is intended
- verb - mean or intend to express or convey
- verb - have as a logical consequence
- verb - denote or connote
- verb - have in mind as a purpose
- verb - have a specified degree of importance
- verb - intend to refer to
- verb - destine or designate for a certain purpose
- adj - rich in significance or implication
- Something that is conveyed or signified; sense or significance.
- Something that one wishes to convey, especially by language: The writer’s meaning was obscured by his convoluted prose.
- An interpreted goal, intent, or end: “The central meaning of his pontificate is to restore papal authority” (Conor Cruise O’Brien).
- Inner significance: “But who can comprehend the meaning of the voice of the city?” (O.
- Full of meaning; expressive.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “the idea that is conveyed by something, such as a word, an action, a gesture, or a situation”: Synonyms are words that have the same or approximately the same meaning.
- noun - something that one intends to convey by language