Scrabble word: IMAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMAGE exist?
Definitions of IMAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - an iconic mental representation
- noun - (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world
- noun - a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface
- noun - a standard or typical example
- noun - language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- noun - someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
- noun - (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined
- noun - the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public
- noun - a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture)
- verb - render visible, as by means of MRI
- verb - imagine
- A reproduction of the form of a person or an object, especially a sculptured likeness.
- An optically formed duplicate, counterpart, or other representative reproduction of an object, especially an optical reproduction of an object formed by a lens or mirror.
- One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.
- The opinion or concept of something that is held by the public.
- The character projected to the public, as by a person or an institution, especially as interpreted by the mass media.
- A personification of something specified: That child is the image of good health.
- A mental picture of something not real or present.
- A vivid description or representation.
- A figure of speech, especially a metaphor or simile.
- A concrete representation, as in art, literature, or music, that is expressive or evocative of something else: night as an image of death.
- An exact copy of data in a file transferred to another medium.
- An apparition.
- To make or produce a likeness of.
- To mirror or reflect.
- To symbolize or typify.
- To picture (something) mentally; imagine.
- To describe, especially so vividly as to evoke a mental picture of.
- To translate (photographs or other pictures) by computer into numbers that can be transmitted to a remote location and then reconverted into pictures by another computer.
- To visualize (something), as by magnetic resonance imaging.
- verb - to form a mental picture of