Scrabble word: FORWARD
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORWARD exist?
Definitions of FORWARD in dictionaries:
- noun - the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- noun - a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- verb - send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
- adj - at or near or directed toward the front
- adj - used of temperament or behavior
- adj - of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle
- adj - moving forward
- adv - at or to or toward the front
- adv - forward in time or order or degree
- adv - toward the future
- adv - in a forward direction
- adv - near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
- At, near, or belonging to the front or forepart; fore: the forward section of the aircraft.
- Located ahead or in advance: kept her eye on the forward horizon.
- Going, tending, or moving toward a position in front: a forward plunge down a flight of stairs.
- Advancing toward an opponent’s goal.
- Moving in a prescribed direction or order for normal use: forward rolling of the cassette tape.
- Ardently inclined; eager.
- Lacking restraint or modesty; presumptuous or bold: a forward child.
- Being ahead of current economic, political, or technological trends; progressive: a forward concept.
- Deviating radically from convention or tradition; extreme.
- Exceptionally advanced; precocious.
- Of, relating to, or done in preparation for the future: bidding on forward contracts for corn.
- Toward or tending to the front; frontward: step forward.
- Into consideration: put forward a new proposal.
- In or toward the future: looking forward to seeing you.
- In the prescribed direction or sequence for normal use: rolled the tape forward.
- In an advanced position or a configuration registering a future time: set the clock forward.
- At or to a different time; earlier or later: moved the appointment forward, from Friday to Thursday.
- A player in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey, who is part of the forward line of the offense.
- The position played by such a person.
- To send on to a subsequent destination or address.
- To help advance; promote.
- adj - being at or near a point in advance
- verb - to help onward