Scrabble word: FORWARD
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORWARD exist?
Definitions of FORWARD in dictionaries:
- noun - the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- noun - a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- verb - send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
- adj - at or near or directed toward the front
- adj - used of temperament or behavior
- adj - of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle
- adj - moving forward
- adv - at or to or toward the front
- adv - forward in time or order or degree
- adv - toward the future
- adv - in a forward direction
- adv - near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane
- At, near, or belonging to the front or forepart; fore: the forward section of the aircraft.
- Located ahead or in advance: kept her eye on the forward horizon.
- Going, tending, or moving toward a position in front: a forward plunge down a flight of stairs.
- Advancing toward an opponent’s goal.
- Moving in a prescribed direction or order for normal use: forward rolling of the cassette tape.
- Ardently inclined; eager.
- Lacking restraint or modesty; presumptuous or bold: a forward child.
- Being ahead of current economic, political, or technological trends; progressive: a forward concept.
- Deviating radically from convention or tradition; extreme.
- Exceptionally advanced; precocious.
- Of, relating to, or done in preparation for the future: bidding on forward contracts for corn.
- Toward or tending to the front; frontward: step forward.
- Into consideration: put forward a new proposal.
- In or toward the future: looking forward to seeing you.
- In the prescribed direction or sequence for normal use: rolled the tape forward.
- In an advanced position or a configuration registering a future time: set the clock forward.
- At or to a different time; earlier or later: moved the appointment forward, from Friday to Thursday.
- A player in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey, who is part of the forward line of the offense.
- The position played by such a person.
- To send on to a subsequent destination or address.
- To help advance; promote.
- adj - being at or near a point in advance
- verb - to help onward
There are 7 letters in FORWARD: A D F O R R W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FORWARD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FORWARD plus a wildcard: FORWARD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FORWARD
Images for FORWARD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.