Scrabble word: FLUTTER
Is FLUTTER valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of FLUTTER in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of moving back and forth
- noun - abnormally rapid beating of the auricles of the heart (especially in a regular rhythm)
- noun - a disorderly outburst or tumult
- noun - the motion made by flapping up and down
- verb - move along rapidly and lightly
- verb - move back and forth very rapidly
- verb - flap the wings rapidly or fly with flapping movements
- verb - beat rapidly
- verb - wink briefly
- To wave or flap rapidly in an irregular manner: curtains that fluttered in the breeze.
- To fly by a quick, light flapping of the wings.
- To flap the wings without flying.
- To move or fall in a manner suggestive of tremulous flight: “Her arms rose, fell, and fluttered with the rhythm of the song” (Evelyn Waugh).
- To vibrate or beat rapidly or erratically: My heart fluttered wildly.
- To cause to flutter: “fluttering her bristly black lashes as swiftly as butterflies’ wings” (Margaret Mitchell).
- The act of fluttering.
- A condition of nervous excitement or agitation: Everyone was in a flutter over the news that the director was resigning.
- A commotion; a stir.
- Abnormally rapid pulsation, especially of the atria or ventricles of the heart.
- Rapid fluctuation in the pitch of a sound reproduction resulting from variations in the speed of the recording or reproducing equipment.
- A small bet; a gamble: “If they like a flutter, Rick will get them better odds than the bookies” (John le Carré).
- verb - to wave rapidly and irregularly
There are 7 letters in FLUTTER: E F L R T T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FLUTTER
Click to search all anagrams of FLUTTER plus a wildcard: FLUTTER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FLUTTER
Images for FLUTTER
Lookup in Wiki for FLUTTER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.