Scrabble word: DOUBLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DOUBLE exist?
Definitions of DOUBLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
- noun - a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts
- noun - someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
- noun - a quantity that is twice as great as another
- noun - raising the stakes in a card game by a factor of 2
- verb - increase twofold
- verb - hit a two-base hit
- verb - bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain
- verb - do double duty
- verb - bridge: make a demand for (a card or suit)
- verb - make or do or perform again
- adj - having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities
- adj - consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs
- adj - twice as great or many
- adj - used of flowers having more than the usual number of petals in crowded or overlapping arrangements
- adj - used of homologous chromosomes associated in pairs in synapsis
- adj - large enough for two
- adj - having two meanings with intent to deceive
- adv - downward and forward
- adv - two together
- adv - to double the degree
- Twice as much in size, strength, number, or amount: a double dose.
- Composed of two like parts: double doors.
- Composed of two unlike parts; dual: a double meaning; a double role for an actor.
- Accommodating or designed for two: a double bed; a double room.
- Characterized by duplicity; deceitful: speak with a double tongue.
- Something increased twofold.
- One that closely resembles another; a duplicate.
- An actor’s understudy.
- An actor who takes the place of another actor in scenes requiring special skills or preparations: a stunt double; a body double.
- An apparition; a wraith.
- A sharp turn in a direction of movement; a reversal.
- A form of a game, such as tennis or handball, having two players on each side.
- A bid in bridge indicating strength to one’s partner; a request for a bid.
- A bid doubling one’s opponent’s bid in bridge, thus increasing the penalty for failure to fulfill the contract.
- A hand justifying such a bid.
- To make twice as great.
- To be twice as much as: doubled the score of his opponent.
- To fold in two.
- To clench (one’s fist).
- To duplicate; repeat.
- To turn (an enemy spy) into a double agent.
- To cause the scoring of (a run) by hitting a two-base hit.
- To advance or score (a runner) by hitting a two-base hit.
- To put out (a runner) as the second part of a double play.
- To challenge (an opponent’s bid) with a double in bridge.
- To duplicate (another part or voice) an octave higher or lower or in unison.
- To sail around: double a cape.
- To be increased twofold: The debt soon doubled.
- To turn sharply or all the way around; reverse one’s course: had to double back to touch the missed base.
- To serve in an additional capacity: a frying pan that doubles as a pie tin; a conductor who doubles as a pianist.
- To replace an actor in the actor’s absence or in a certain scene.
- To hit a two-base hit.
- To announce a double in bridge.
- To twice the amount or extent; doubly: paid double for the customized car.
- Two together; in pairs: sleeping double.
- In two: bent double.
- To bend suddenly, as in pain or laughter.
- To share accommodations meant for one person.
- In double time.
- verb - to make twice as great
There are 6 letters in DOUBLE: B D E L O U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DOUBLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DOUBLE plus a wildcard: DOUBLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DOUBLE
Images for DOUBLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.