Scrabble word: CROSSOVER
In which Scrabble dictionary does CROSSOVER exist?
Definitions of CROSSOVER in dictionaries:
- noun - the interchange of sections between pairing homologous chromosomes during the prophase of meiosis
- noun - a voter who is registered as a member of one political party but who votes in the primary of another party
- noun - the appropriation of a new style (especially in popular music) by combining elements of different genres in order to appeal to a wider audience
- noun - a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
- A place at which or the means by which a crossing is made.
- A short connecting track by which a train can be transferred from one line to another.
- Crossing over.
- A characteristic resulting from the exchange of genetic material between homologous chromosomes during meiosis.
- A registered member of one political party who votes in the primary of the other party.
- The adaptation of a musical style, as by blending elements of two or more styles or categories, in order to appeal to a wider audience.
- A recording designed to appeal to more than one segment or portion of the listening audience.
- Often used to modify another noun: the crossover vote in California; a big crossover hit.