Scrabble word: BALANCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BALANCE exist?
Definitions of BALANCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of equilibrium
- noun - equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- noun - harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- noun - equality of distribution
- noun - something left after other parts have been taken away
- noun - the difference between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- noun - (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Libra
- noun - the seventh sign of the zodiac
- noun - (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation
- noun - a weight that balances another weight
- noun - a wheel that regulates the rate of movement in a machine
- noun - a scale for weighing
- verb - bring into balance or equilibrium
- verb - compute credits and debits of an account
- verb - hold or carry in equilibrium
- verb - be in equilibrium
- A weighing device, especially one consisting of a rigid beam horizontally suspended by a low-friction support at its center, with identical weighing pans hung at either end, one of which holds an unknown weight while the effective weight in the other is increased by known amounts until the beam is level and motionless.
- A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.
- The power or means to decide.
- A state of bodily equilibrium.
- A stable mental or psychological state; emotional stability.
- A harmonious or satisfying arrangement or proportion of parts or elements, as in a design.
- An influence or force tending to produce equilibrium; counterpoise.
- The difference in magnitude between opposing forces or influences.
- Equality of totals in the debit and credit sides of an account.
- The difference between such totals, either on the credit or the debit side.
- Something that is left over; a remainder.
- Equality of mass and net electric charge of reacting species on each side of an equation.
- Equality with respect to the net number of reduced symbolic quantities on each side of an equation.
- A balance wheel.
- To determine the weight of (something) in or as if in a weighing device.
- To compare by or as if by turning over in the mind: balanced the pros and cons before making a final decision.
- To bring into or maintain in a state of equilibrium.
- To act as an equalizing weight or force to; counterbalance.
- To compute the difference between the debits and credits of (an account).
- To reconcile or equalize the sums of the debits and credits of (an account).
- To settle (an account, for example) by paying what is owed.
- To bring into or keep in equal or satisfying proportion or harmony.
- To bring (an equation) into balance.
- To bring (an equation) into balance.
- To move toward and then away from (a dance partner).
- To be in or come into equilibrium.
- To be equal or equivalent.
- To sway or waver as if losing or regaining equilibrium.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a state of stability resulting from the cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces”: upsetting the balance of nature through the use of insecticides; equilibrium of power between Western and Eastern countries; the weights of a scale in equipoise; a poise between disparate and contradictory emotions.
- verb - to determine the weight of
There are 7 letters in BALANCE: A A B C E L N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BALANCE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BALANCE plus a wildcard: BALANCE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BALANCE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for BALANCE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.