Scrabble word: ACCOUNT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ACCOUNT exist?
Definitions of ACCOUNT in dictionaries:
- noun - a record or narrative description of past events
- noun - a short account of the news
- noun - a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services
- noun - a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
- noun - grounds
- noun - importance or value
- noun - a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
- noun - the act of informing by verbal report
- noun - an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
- noun - the quality of taking advantage
- verb - be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
- verb - keep an account of
- verb - to give an account or representation of in words
- verb - furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
- A narrative or record of events.
- A reason given for a particular action.
- A formal banking, brokerage, or business relationship established to provide for regular services, dealings, and other financial transactions.
- A precise list or enumeration of financial transactions.
- Money deposited for checking, savings, or brokerage use.
- A customer having a business or credit relationship with a firm: salespeople visiting their accounts.
- Worth, standing, or importance: a landowner of some account.
- Profit or advantage: turned her writing skills to good account.
- To constitute the governing or primary factor: Bad weather accounted for the long delay.
- To provide an explanation or justification: The suspect couldn’t account for his time that night.
- To challenge or contest.
- To hold answerable for.
- Because of; for the sake of: “We got married on account of the baby” (Anne Tyler).
- Because: “He got picked up by the cops on account of he was walking with his shopping bag and they said there was numbers in it” (Jimmy Breslin).
- For oneself.
- On one’s own; by oneself: He wants to work on his own account.
- verb - to give an explanation