Is LATE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of LATE in various dictionaries:
- adj - being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- adj - after the expected or usual time
- adj - of the immediate past or just previous to the present time
- adj - having died recently
- adj - of a later stage in the development of a language or literature
- adj - at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- adj - (used especially of persons) of the immediate past
- adv - later than usual or than expected
- adv - to an advanced time
- adv - at an advanced age or stage
- adv - in the recent past
- See Synonyms at tardy.
- Beginning after or continuing past the usual or expected hour: a late breakfast; a late meeting.
- Occurring at an advanced hour, especially well into the evening or night: a late movie on television; the late flight to Denver.
- Of or toward the end or more advanced part, as of a period or stage: the late 19th century; a later symptom of the disease.
- Having begun or occurred just previous to the present time; recent: a late development.
- Contemporary; upto-date: the latest fashion.
- Having recently occupied a position or place: the company’s late president gave the address.
- Dead, especially if only recently deceased: in memory of the late explorer.
- After the expected, usual, or proper time: a train that arrived late; woke late and had to skip breakfast.
- At or until an advanced hour: talked late into the evening.
- At or into an advanced period or stage: a project undertaken late in her career.
- It is technically correct to use a phrase such as our late treasurer to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.
- adj - coming or occurring after the expected time
There are 4 letters in LATE: A E L T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to LATE
To search all scrabble anagrams of LATE, to go: LATE?
Rearrange the letters in LATE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of LATE
What's nearby LATE
Lookup in Wiki for LATE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of LATE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: LATE"