Is GROUND valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of GROUND in various dictionaries:
- noun - the solid part of the earth's surface
- noun - a rational motive for a belief or action
- noun - the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
- noun - a relation that provides the foundation for something
- noun - a position to be won or defended in battle (or as if in battle)
- noun - the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground
- noun - material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- noun - a relatively homogeneous percept extending back of the figure on which attention is focused
- noun - a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- noun - (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
- noun - the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- verb - fix firmly and stably
- verb - confine or restrict to the ground
- verb - place or put on the ground
- verb - instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
- verb - bring to the ground
- verb - hit or reach the ground
- verb - throw to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage
- verb - hit a groundball
- verb - hit onto the ground
- verb - cover with a primer
- verb - connect to a ground
- verb - use as a basis for
- verb - press or grind with a crushing noise
- verb - make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- verb - work hard
- verb - dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- verb - reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
- verb - created by grinding
- verb - shape or form by grinding
- The solid surface of the earth.
- The floor of a body of water, especially the sea.
- Soil; earth: level the ground for a lawn.
- Often grounds.
- An area or a position that is contested in or as if in battle: The soldiers held their ground against the enemy.
- Something that serves as a foundation or means of attachment for something else: a ground of white paint under the mural.
- A surrounding area; a background.
- Often grounds.
- An area of reference or discussion; a subject: The professor covered new ground in every lecture.
- A large conducting body, such as the earth or an electric circuit connected to the earth, used as an arbitrary zero of potential.
- A conducting object, such as a wire, that is connected to such a position of zero potential.
- To place on or cause to touch the ground.
- To provide a basis for (a theory, for example); justify.
- To supply with basic information; instruct in fundamentals.
- To prevent (an aircraft or a pilot) from flying.
- To restrict (someone) especially to a certain place as a punishment.
- To connect (an electric circuit) to a ground.
- To run (a vessel) aground.
- To hit (a ball) onto the ground.
- To throw a ball to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
- To touch or reach the ground.
- To hit a ground ball: grounded to the second baseman.
- To run aground.
- Past tense and past participle of grind.
- verb - to place on a foundation
There are 6 letters in GROUND: D G N O R U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to GROUND
To search all scrabble anagrams of GROUND, to go: GROUND?
Rearrange the letters in GROUND and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of GROUND
What's nearby GROUND
Lookup in Wiki for GROUND
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of GROUND, do not miss the additional links under "More about: GROUND"