Is ON valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of ON in various dictionaries:
- adj - in operation or operational
- adj - (of events) planned or scheduled
- adv - with a forward motion
- adv - indicates continuity or persistence or concentration
- adv - in a state required for something to function or be effective
- Used to indicate position above and supported by or in contact with: The vase is on the table.
- Used to indicate contact with or extent over (a surface) regardless of position: a picture on the wall; a rash on my back.
- Used to indicate location at or along: the pasture on the south side of the river; a house on the highway.
- Used to indicate proximity: a town on the border.
- Used to indicate attachment to or suspension from: beads on a string.
- Used to indicate figurative or abstract position: on the young side, but experienced; on her third beer; stopped on chapter two.
- Used to indicate actual motion toward, against, or onto: jumped on the table; the march on Washington.
- Used to indicate figurative or abstract motion toward, against, or onto: going on six o’clock; came on the answer by accident.
- Used to indicate occurrence at a given time: on July third; every hour on the hour.
- Used to indicate the particular occasion or circumstance: On entering the room, she saw him.
- Used to indicate the object affected by actual, perceptible action: The spotlight fell on the actress.
- Used to indicate the object affected by a figurative action: Have pity on them.
- Used to indicate the object of an action directed, tending, or moving against it: an attack on the fortress.
- Used to indicate the object of perception or thought: gazed on the vista; meditated on his actions.
- Used to indicate the agent or agency of a specified action: cut his foot on the broken glass; talked on the telephone.
- Used to indicate a medicine or other corrective taken or undertaken routinely: went on a strict diet.
- Used to indicate a substance that is the cause of an addiction, a habit, or an altered state of consciousness: high on dope.
- Used to indicate a source or basis: “We will reach our judgments not on intentions or on promises but on deeds and on results” (Margaret Thatcher).
- Used to indicate the state or process of: on leave; on fire; on the way.
- Used to indicate the purpose of: travel on business.
- Used to indicate a means of conveyance: ride on a train.
- Used to indicate availability by means of: beer on tap; a physician on call.
- Used to indicate belonging to: a nurse on the hospital staff.
- Used to indicate addition or repetition: heaped error on error.
- Concerning; about: a book on astronomy.
- Concerning and to the disadvantage of: We have some evidence on him.
- In one’s possession; with: I haven’t a cent on me.
- At the expense of; compliments of: drinks on the house.
- In or into a position or condition of being supported by or in contact with something: Put the coffee on.
- In or into a position of being attached to or covering something: Put your clothes on.
- In the direction of something: He looked on while the ship docked.
- Toward or at a point lying ahead in space or time; forward: The play moved on to the next city.
- At or to a more distant point in time or space: I’ll do it later on.
- In a continuous course: He worked on quietly.
- In or into performance or operation: Turn on the radio.
- In progress or action; in a state of activity: The show must go on.
- In or at the present position or condition: stay on; hang on.
- In a condition of being scheduled for or decided upon: There is a party on tonight.
- Being in operation: The television is on.
- Under or behaving as if under observation: A minister is always on.
- Functioning or performing at a high degree of competence or energy: The goalie is really on.
- Planned; intended: Our calendar is open; we have nothing on for this weekend.
- To be aware of or have information about: You’ll never deceive us again; we’re on to you.
- noun - the side of the wicket where a batsman stands in cricket
There are 2 letters in ON: N O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to ON
To search all scrabble anagrams of ON, to go: ON?
Rearrange the letters in ON and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of ON
What's nearby ON
Lookup in Wiki for ON
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of ON, do not miss the additional links under "More about: ON"