Is DO valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of DO in various dictionaries:
- noun - an uproarious party
- noun - the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- noun - doctor's degree in osteopathy
- verb - engage in
- verb - carry out or perform an action
- verb - get (something) done
- verb - proceed or get along
- verb - give rise to
- verb - carry out or practice
- verb - be sufficient
- verb - create or design, often in a certain way
- verb - behave in a certain manner
- verb - spend time in prison or in a labor camp
- verb - carry on or function
- verb - arrange attractively
- verb - travel or traverse (a distance)
- To perform or execute: do one’s assigned task; do a series of business deals.
- To fulfill the requirements of: did my duty at all times.
- To carry out; commit: a crime that had been done on purpose.
- To produce, especially by creative effort: do a play on Broadway.
- To play the part or role of in a creative production: did Elizabeth I in the film.
- To mimic: “doing the Southern voice, improvising it inventively as he goes along” (William H.
- To bring about; effect: Crying won’t do any good now.
- To render; give: do equal justice to the opposing sides; do honor to one’s family.
- To put forth; exert: Do the best you can.
- To attend to in such a way as to take care of or put in order: did the bedrooms before the guests arrived.
- To prepare for further use especially by washing: did the dishes.
- To set or style (the hair).
- To apply cosmetics to: did her face.
- To work out by studying: do a homework assignment.
- To travel (a specified distance): do a mile in four minutes.
- To make a tour of; visit: “[He] did 15 countries of Western Europe in only a few days” (R.
- To be sufficient in meeting the needs of; serve: This room will do us very nicely.
- To serve (a prison term).
- To cheat; swindle: do a relative out of an inheritance.
- To take (drugs) illegally: “If you do drugs you are going to be in continual trouble” (Jimmy Breslin).
- To behave or conduct oneself; act: Do as I say and you won’t get into trouble.
- To get along; fare: students who do well at school.
- To carry on; manage: We can very easily do without your interference.
- To make good use of something because of need: I could do with a nice hot bath.
- To serve a specified purpose: This coat will do for another season.
- To be proper or fitting: Such behavior just won’t do.
- Used as a substitute for an antecedent verb: worked as hard as everyone else did.
- Used after another verb for emphasis: Run quickly, do! — v.
- Used with the infinitive without to in questions, negative statements, and inverted phrases: Do you understand? I did not sleep well.
- Used as a means of emphasis: I do want to be sure.
- A statement of what should be done: a list of the do’s and don’ts of management.
- An entertainment; a party: attended a big do at the embassy.
- A commotion.
- A swindle; a cheat.
- Duty; deed.
- To tire completely; exhaust: The marathon did me in.
- To kill.
- To ruin utterly: Huge losses on the stock market did many investors in.
- To adorn or dress lavishly: The children were all done up in matching outfits.
- To wrap and tie (a package).
- To vanish.
- To make an end of; eliminate.
- To do what one does best or finds most enjoyable: “I get paid to try cases and to do my thing on trial” (Bruce Cutler).
- The first tone of the diatonic scale in solfeggio.
- noun - the first tone of the diatonic musical scale
- verb - to begin and carry through to completion
There are 2 letters in DO: D O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to DO
To search all scrabble anagrams of DO, to go: DO?
Rearrange the letters in DO and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of DO
What's nearby DO
Lookup in Wiki for DO
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of DO, do not miss the additional links under "More about: DO"