Scrabble word: STEADY
In which Scrabble dictionary does STEADY exist?
Definitions of STEADY in dictionaries:
- noun - a person loved by another person
- verb - make steady
- verb - support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- adj - not subject to change or variation especially in behavior
- adj - not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
- adj - securely in position
- adj - marked by firm determination or resolution
- adj - relating to a person who does something regularly
- adj - not easily excited or upset
- adv - in a steady manner
- Firm in position or place; fixed.
- Direct and unfaltering; sure.
- Free or almost free from change, variation, or fluctuation; uniform: a steady increase in value; a steady breeze.
- Not easily excited or upset: steady nerves.
- Unwavering, as in purpose; steadfast.
- Reliable; dependable.
- Used to direct a helmsman to keep a ship’s head in the same direction: Steady as she goes! — n.
- adv - firm in position [adj STEADIER, STEADIEST] : STEADILY