Scrabble word: REVERSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REVERSE exist?
Definitions of REVERSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a relation of direct opposition
- noun - the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed
- noun - an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes
- noun - the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design
- noun - (American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back running in the opposite direction
- noun - turning in the opposite direction
- verb - change to the contrary
- verb - turn inside out or upside down
- verb - rule against
- verb - cancel officially
- verb - reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of
- adj - directed or moving toward the rear
- adj - of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle
- adj - reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect
- Turned backward in position, direction, or order.
- Having the back showing or in view of the observer.
- Moving, acting, or organized in a manner contrary to the usual.
- Causing backward movement: a reverse gear.
- Printed in such a way that the normally colored part appears white against a colored or black background.
- The opposite or contrary: All along we thought Sue was older than Bill, but just the reverse was true.
- The back or rear part.
- The side of a coin or medal that does not carry the principal design; the verso.
- A change to an opposite position, condition, or direction.
- A change in fortune from better to worse; a setback: suffered financial reverses.
- A mechanism, such as a gear in a motor vehicle, that is used to reverse movement.
- The position or operating condition of such a mechanism.
- Movement in an opposite direction.
- An offensive play in which a back running in one direction executes a handoff to a back running in the opposite direction.
- To turn around to the opposite direction.
- To turn inside out or upside down.
- To exchange the positions of; transpose.
- To cause to adopt a contrary viewpoint.
- To change to the opposite: reversed their planned course of action.
- To cause (an engine or a mechanism) to function in reverse.
- To turn or move in the opposite direction.
- These verbs are compared as they mean to change to the opposite position, direction, or course.
- verb - to turn or move in the opposite direction
There are 7 letters in REVERSE: E E E R R S V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to REVERSE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word REVERSE plus a wildcard: REVERSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word REVERSE
Images for REVERSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.