Scrabble word: RESERVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RESERVE exist?
Definitions of RESERVE in dictionaries:
- noun - formality and propriety of manner
- noun - something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose
- noun - an athlete who plays only when a starter on the team is replaced
- noun - (medicine) potential capacity to respond in order to maintain vital functions
- noun - a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- noun - armed forces that are not on active duty but can be called in an emergency
- noun - the trait of being uncommunicative
- verb - hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency
- verb - give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- verb - obtain or arrange (for oneself) in advance
- verb - arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
- To keep back, as for future use or for a special purpose.
- To set or cause to be set apart for a particular person or use.
- Something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose.
- The act of reserving.
- The keeping of one’s feelings, thoughts, or affairs to oneself.
- Self-restraint in expression; reticence: “One feels it everywhere, a quality of reserve, something held back” (Rollene W.
- Lack of enthusiasm; skeptical caution.
- An amount of capital held back from investment in order to meet probable or possible demands.
- A reservation of public land: a forest reserve.
- An amount of a mineral, fossil fuel, or other resource known to exist in a particular location and to be exploitable: the discovery of large oil reserves.
- Often reserves.
- A fighting force kept uncommitted until strategic need arises.
- Held in or forming a reserve: a reserve supply of food.
- verb - to keep back for future use