Scrabble word: PREPARE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PREPARE exist?
Definitions of PREPARE in dictionaries:
- verb - make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
- verb - prepare for eating by applying heat
- verb - to prepare verbally, either for written or spoken delivery
- verb - arrange by systematic planning and united effort
- verb - educate for a future role or function
- verb - create by training and teaching
- verb - lead up to and soften by sounding the dissonant note in it as a consonant note in the preceding chord
- verb - undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession
- To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose, as for an event or occasion: The teacher prepared the students for the exams.
- To put together or make by combining various elements or ingredients; manufacture or compound: prepared a meal; prepared the lecture.
- To fit out; equip: prepared the ship for an arctic expedition.
- To lead up to and soften (a dissonance or its impact) by means of preparation.
- To make things or oneself ready.
- To study or complete a course of study at a preparatory school.
- verb - to put in proper condition or readiness