Scrabble word: PARDON
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARDON exist?
Definitions of PARDON in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of excusing a mistake or offense
- noun - a warrant granting release from punishment for an offense
- noun - the formal act of liberating someone
- verb - accept an excuse for
- verb - grant a pardon to
- To release (a person) from punishment; exempt from penalty: a convicted criminal who was pardoned by the governor.
- To let (an offense) pass without punishment.
- The act of pardoning.
- Exemption of a convicted person from the penalties of an offense or a crime by the power of the executor of the laws.
- An official document or warrant declaring such an exemption.
- Allowance or forgiveness for an offense or a discourtesy: begged the host’s pardon for leaving early.
- An indulgence.
- verb - to release from liability for an offense