Scrabble word: MAINTAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAINTAIN exist?
Definitions of MAINTAIN in dictionaries:
- verb - keep in a certain state, position, or activity
- verb - keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
- verb - supply with necessities and support
- verb - state categorically
- verb - have and exercise
- verb - maintain for use and service
- verb - maintain by writing regular records
- verb - state or assert
- verb - support against an opponent
- verb - stick to correctly or closely
- To keep up or carry on; continue: maintain good relations.
- To keep in an existing state; preserve or retain: maintain one’s composure.
- To keep in a condition of good repair or efficiency: maintain two cars.
- To provide for; support: maintain a family.
- To keep in existence; sustain: enough food to maintain life.
- To defend or hold against criticism or attack: maintained his stand on taxes.
- To declare to be true; affirm: maintained her innocence.
- verb - to keep in proper condition