Scrabble word: JEALOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does JEALOUS exist?
Definitions of JEALOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - showing extreme cupidity
- adj - suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival
- Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.
- Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others.
- Inclined to suspect rivalry.
- Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension, or bitterness: jealous thoughts.
- Vigilant in guarding something: We are jealous of our good name.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “resentfully or painfully desirous of another’s advantages”: jealous of her friend’s success; covetous of his neighbor’s possessions; envious of their art collection.
- adj - resentful of another's advantages