Scrabble word: SOUL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOUL exist?
Definitions of SOUL in dictionaries:
- noun - the immaterial part of a person
- noun - a human being
- noun - deep feeling or emotion
- noun - the human embodiment of something
- noun - a secular form of gospel that was a major Black musical genre in the 1960s and 1970s
- The animating and vital principle in human beings, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
- The spiritual nature of human beings, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.
- A human being: “the homes of some nine hundred souls” (Garrison Keillor).
- The central or integral part; the vital core: “It saddens me that this network... may lose its soul, which is after all the quest for news” (Marvin Kalb).
- A person considered as the perfect embodiment of an intangible quality; a personification: I am the very soul of discretion.
- A person’s emotional or moral nature: “An actor is... often a soul which wishes to reveal itself to the world but dare not” (Alec Guinness).
- A sense of ethnic pride among Black people and especially African-Americans, expressed in areas such as language, social customs, religion, and music.
- A strong, deeply felt emotion conveyed by a speaker, a performer, or an artist.
- Soul music.
- adj - the spiritual aspect of human beings [n -S] : SOULED, SOULLESS, SOULLIKE