Scrabble word: LOCUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOCUS exist?
Definitions of LOCUS in dictionaries:
- noun - the scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting)
- noun - the specific site of a particular gene on its chromosome
- noun - the set of all points or lines that satisfy or are determined by specific conditions
- A locality; a place.
- A center or focus of great activity or intense concentration: “the cunning exploitation of loci of power; the insulation from normal American society” (Clifton Fadiman).
- The set or configuration of all points whose coordinates satisfy a single equation or one or more algebraic conditions.
- The position that a given gene occupies on a chromosome.
- noun - a place