Scrabble word: FRINGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FRINGE exist?
Definitions of FRINGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the outside boundary or surface of something
- noun - a part of the city far removed from the center
- noun - one of the light or dark bands produced by the interference and diffraction of light
- noun - a social group holding marginal or extreme views
- noun - a border of hair that is cut short and hangs across the forehead
- noun - an ornamental border consisting of short lengths of hanging threads or tassels
- verb - adorn with a fringe
- verb - decorate with or as if with a surrounding fringe
- A decorative border or edging of hanging threads, cords, or strips, often attached to a separate band.
- Something that resembles such a border or edging.
- A marginal, peripheral, or secondary part: “They like to hang out on the geographical fringes, the seedy outposts” (James Atlas).
- Those members of a group or political party holding extreme views: the lunatic fringe.
- Any of the light or dark bands produced by the diffraction or interference of light.
- A fringe benefit.
- To decorate with or as if with a fringe: The weaver fringed the edge of the scarf.
- To serve as a fringe to: Ferns fringed the pool.
- verb - to provide with a fringe (an ornamental border)