Scrabble word: INFER
In which Scrabble dictionary does INFER exist?
Definitions of INFER in dictionaries:
- verb - reason by deduction
- verb - draw from specific cases for more general cases
- verb - conclude by reasoning
- verb - guess correctly
- verb - believe to be the case
- To conclude from evidence or premises.
- To reason from circumstance; surmise: We can infer that his motive in publishing the diary was less than honorable.
- To lead to as a consequence or conclusion: “Socrates argued that a statue inferred the existence of a sculptor” (Academy).
- To draw inferences.
- verb - to reach or derive by reasoning