Scrabble word: DEMAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEMAND exist?
Definitions of DEMAND in dictionaries:
- noun - an urgent or peremptory request
- noun - the ability and desire to purchase goods and services
- noun - required activity
- noun - the act of demanding
- noun - a condition requiring relief
- verb - request urgently and forcefully
- verb - require as useful, just, or proper
- verb - claim as due or just
- verb - lay legal claim to
- verb - summon to court
- verb - ask to be informed of
- To ask for urgently or peremptorily: demand an investigation into the murder; demanding that he leave immediately; demanded to speak to the manager.
- To claim as just or due: demand repayment of a loan.
- To ask to be informed of: I demand a reason for this interruption.
- To require as useful, just, proper, or necessary; call for: a gem that demands a fine setting.
- To summon to court.
- To make a demand.
- The act of demanding.
- Something demanded: granted the employees’ demands.
- An urgent requirement or need: the heavy demands of her job; the emotional demands of his marriage; an increased oxygen demand.
- The state of being sought after: in great demand as a speaker.
- The desire to possess a commodity or make use of a service, combined with the ability to purchase it.
- The amount of a commodity or service that people are ready to buy for a given price: Supply should rise to meet demand.
- A coding technique in which a command to read or write is initiated as the need for a new block of data occurs, thus eliminating the need to store data.
- A formal claim.
- An emphatic question or inquiry.
- When presented for payment: a note payable on demand.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to ask for urgently or insistently”: demanding better working conditions; claiming repayment of a debt; exacted obedience from the child; tax payments required by law.
- verb - to ask for with authority
There are 6 letters in DEMAND: A D D E M N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DEMAND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DEMAND plus a wildcard: DEMAND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DEMAND
Images for DEMAND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.