Scrabble word: CHOKING
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHOKING exist?
Definitions of CHOKING in dictionaries:
- noun - a condition caused by blocking the airways to the lungs (as with food or swelling of the larynx)
- noun - the act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the windpipe
- verb - breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion
- verb - be too tight
- verb - wring the neck of
- verb - constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing
- verb - struggle for breath
- verb - fail to perform adequately due to tension or agitation
- verb - check or slow down the action or effect of
- verb - become or cause to become obstructed
- verb - impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- verb - become stultified, suppressed, or stifled
- verb - suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of
- verb - pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- verb - reduce the air supply
- verb - cause to retch or choke
- Causing a feeling of being choked or suffocated: The hall was filled with choking clouds of smoke.
- Having a strained or husky sound: spoke in a choking voice.
- verb - to impede the breathing of