Scrabble word: HOCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOCK exist?
Definitions of HOCK in dictionaries:
- noun - any of several white wines from the Rhine River valley in Germany (`hock' is British usage)
- noun - tarsal joint of the hind leg of hoofed mammals
- verb - leave as a guarantee in return for money
- verb - disable by cutting the hock
- The tarsal joint of the hind leg of a digitigrade quadruped, such as a horse, corresponding to the human ankle but bending in the opposite direction.
- A joint in the leg of a domestic fowl similar to the hock of a quadruped.
- A small cut of meat, especially ham, from the front or hind leg directly above the foot.
- Rhine wine.
- The state of being pawned: put the diamonds in hock.
- The state of being in debt: thought we’d never get out of hock.
- adj - to give as security for something borrowed [v -ED, -ING, -S] : PAWNABLE