Scrabble word: SHOCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHOCK exist?
Definitions of SHOCK in dictionaries:
- noun - the feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally
- noun - the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat
- noun - a reflex response to the passage of electric current through the body
- noun - (pathology) bodily collapse or near collapse caused by inadequate oxygen delivery to the cells
- noun - an instance of agitation of the earth's crust
- noun - an unpleasant or disappointing surprise
- noun - a pile of sheaves of grain set on end in a field to dry
- noun - a bushy thick mass (especially hair)
- noun - a sudden jarring impact
- noun - a mechanical damper
- verb - surprise greatly
- verb - strike with disgust or revulsion
- verb - strike with horror or terror
- verb - collide violently
- verb - collect or gather into shocks
- verb - subject to electrical shocks
- verb - inflict a trauma upon
- A violent collision or impact; a heavy blow.
- The effect of such a collision or blow.
- Something that jars the mind or emotions as if with a violent, unexpected blow.
- The disturbance of function, equilibrium, or mental faculties caused by such a blow; violent agitation.
- A severe offense to one’s sense of propriety or decency; an outrage.
- A generally temporary state of massive physiological reaction to severe physical or emotional trauma, usually characterized by marked loss of blood pressure and depression of vital processes.
- The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing through the body or a body part.
- A sudden economic disturbance, such as a rise in the price of a commodity.
- A shock absorber.
- To strike with great surprise and emotional disturbance.
- To strike with disgust; offend.
- To induce a state of physical shock in (a person).
- To come into contact violently, as in battle; collide.
- A number of sheaves of grain stacked upright in a field for drying.
- A thick, heavy mass: a shock of white hair.
- verb - to strike with great surprise, horror, or disgust