Scrabble word: NICK
In which Scrabble dictionary does NICK exist?
Definitions of NICK in dictionaries:
- noun - an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
- noun - (British slang) a prison
- noun - a small cut
- verb - cut slightly, with a razor
- verb - cut a nick into
- verb - divide or reset the tail muscles of
- verb - mate successfully
- A shallow notch, cut, or indentation on an edge or a surface: nicks in the table; razor nicks on his chin.
- A prison or police station.
- A groove down the side of a piece of type used to ensure that it is correctly placed.
- To cut a nick or notch in.
- To cut into and wound slightly: A sliver of glass nicked my hand.
- To cut short; check: nicked an impulse to flee.
- To cheat, especially by overcharging.
- Chiefly British.
- To steal.
- To arrest.
- verb - to make a shallow cut in