Is SPLIT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SPLIT in various dictionaries:
- noun - extending the legs at right angles to the trunk (one in front and the other in back)
- noun - a bottle containing half the usual amount
- noun - a promised or claimed share of loot or money
- noun - a lengthwise crack in wood
- noun - an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- noun - an old Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea
- noun - a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts
- noun - (tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl
- noun - an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity
- noun - the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
- noun - division of a group into opposing factions
- verb - separate into parts or portions
- verb - separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument
- verb - discontinue an association or relation
- verb - go one's own way
- verb - come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure
- adj - having been divided
- adj - (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain
- To divide from end to end or along the grain by or as if by a sharp blow.
- To break, burst, or rip apart with force; rend.
- To affect with force in a way that suggests tearing apart: A lightning bolt split the night sky.
- To separate (people or groups, for example); disunite.
- To divide and share: split a dessert.
- To divide, as for convenience or proper ordering: split the project up into stages.
- To separate (leather, for example) into layers.
- To mark (a vote or ballot) in favor of candidates from different parties.
- To divide (stock) by issuing multiples of the existing stock with a corresponding reduction in the price of each share, so that the total value of the stock is unchanged.
- To win half the games of (a series or double-header).
- To depart from; leave: They split Miami when the hurricane was forecast.
- To become separated into parts, especially to undergo lengthwise division.
- To become broken or ripped apart, especially from internal pressure.
- To become or admit of being divided: Let’s split up into teams.
- To become divided or part company as a result of discord or disagreement: She split with the regular party organization.
- To divide or share something with others.
- To depart; leave: All the older kids have split to go dancing.
- The act of splitting or the result of it.
- A breach or rupture in a group.
- A splinter.
- Something divided and portioned out; a share.
- A strip of flexible wood used for making baskets.
- A bottle of an alcoholic or carbonated beverage half the usual size.
- A drink of half the usual quantity.
- A half pint.
- A dessert of sliced fruit, ice cream, and toppings.
- An acrobatic feat in which the legs are stretched out straight in opposite directions at right angles to the trunk.
- An arrangement of bowling pins left standing after a bowl, in which two or more pins remain standing with one or more pins between them knocked down.
- A single thickness of a split hide.
- Having been divided or separated.
- Fissured longitudinally; cleft.
- Quoted in 16ths rather than in 8ths.
- Having been split.
- verb - to separate lengthwise
There are 5 letters in SPLIT: I L P S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SPLIT
To search all scrabble anagrams of SPLIT, to go: SPLIT?
Rearrange the letters in SPLIT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SPLIT
What's nearby SPLIT
Lookup in Wiki for SPLIT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SPLIT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SPLIT"