Is SCALE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SCALE in various dictionaries:
- noun - an ordered reference standard
- noun - relative magnitude
- noun - the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it
- noun - a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
- noun - a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
- noun - (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
- noun - a measuring instrument for weighing
- noun - an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
- noun - a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- noun - a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
- verb - measure by or as if by a scale
- verb - pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- verb - take by attacking with scaling ladders
- verb - reach the highest point of
- verb - climb up by means of a ladder
- verb - remove the scales from
- verb - measure with or as if with scales
- verb - size or measure according to a scale
- One of the many small, platelike dermal or epidermal structures that characteristically form the external covering of fishes, reptiles, and certain mammals.
- A similar part, such as one of the minute structures overlapping to form the covering on the wings of butterflies and moths.
- A small, thin piece.
- A small, thin, usually dry, often appressed plant structure, such as any of the protective leaves that cover a tree bud or the bract that subtends a flower in a sedge spikelet.
- A scale insect.
- A plant disease or infestation caused by scale insects.
- A flaky oxide film formed on a metal, as on iron, that has been heated to high temperatures.
- A flake of rust.
- A hard mineral coating that forms on the inside surface of boilers, kettles, and other containers in which water is repeatedly heated.
- To clear or strip of scale or scales: Scale and clean the fish.
- To remove in layers or scales: scaled off the old paint.
- To cover with scales; encrust.
- To throw (a thin, flat object) so that it soars through the air or skips along the surface of water.
- To remove (tartar) from tooth surfaces with a pointed instrument.
- To cheat; swindle.
- To ride on (a tram or train, for example) without paying the fare.
- To come off in scales or layers; flake.
- To become encrusted.
- A system of ordered marks at fixed intervals used as a reference standard in measurement: a ruler with scales in inches and centimeters.
- An instrument or device bearing such marks.
- A standard of measurement or judgment; a criterion.
- A proportion used in determining the dimensional relationship of a representation to that which it represents: a world map with a scale of 1:4,560,000.
- A calibrated line, as on a map or an architectural plan, indicating such a proportion.
- Proper proportion: a house that seemed out of scale with its surroundings.
- A progressive classification, as of size, amount, importance, or rank: judging divers’ performances on a scale of 1 to 10; a family that ranks high on the social scale.
- A relative level or degree: entertained on a lavish scale.
- A minimum wage fixed by contract: musicians playing a benefit concert for scale.
- A system of notation in which the values of numerical expressions are determined by their places relative to the chosen base of the system: the decimal scale.
- An ascending or descending series of tones proceeding by a specified scheme of intervals and varying in pitch arrangement and interval size.
- To climb up or over; ascend: scaled the peak.
- To make in accord with a particular proportion or scale: Scale the model to be one tenth of actual size.
- To alter according to a standard or by degrees; adjust in calculated amounts: scaled down their demands to fit reality; scaled back the scheduled pay increase.
- To estimate or measure the quantity of lumber in (logs or uncut trees).
- To climb; ascend.
- To rise in steps or stages.
- An instrument or a machine for weighing.
- To weigh with scales.
- verb - to climb up or over
There are 5 letters in SCALE: A C E L S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SCALE
To search all scrabble anagrams of SCALE, to go: SCALE?
Rearrange the letters in SCALE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SCALE
What's nearby SCALE
Lookup in Wiki for SCALE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SCALE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SCALE"