Is RISE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of RISE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a growth in strength or number or importance
- noun - the act of changing location in an upward direction
- noun - an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
- noun - a movement upward
- noun - the amount a salary is increased
- noun - the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises
- noun - a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
- noun - (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost
- noun - an increase in cost
- noun - increase in price or value
- verb - move upward
- verb - increase in value or to a higher point
- verb - rise to one's feet
- verb - rise up
- verb - come to the surface
- verb - come into existence
- verb - move to a better position in life or to a better job
- verb - go up or advance
- verb - become more extreme
- verb - get up and out of bed
- verb - rise in rank or status
- verb - become heartened or elated
- verb - exert oneself to meet a challenge
- verb - take part in a rebellion
- verb - increase in volume
- verb - come up, of celestial bodies
- verb - return from the dead
- To assume a standing position after lying, sitting, or kneeling.
- To get out of bed: rose at dawn.
- To move from a lower to a higher position; ascend: Hot air rises.
- To increase in size, volume, or level: The river rises every spring.
- To increase in number, amount, or value: Prices are rising.
- To increase in intensity, force, or speed: The wind has risen.
- To increase in pitch or volume: The sound of their voices rose and fell.
- To appear above the horizon: The sun rises later in the fall.
- To extend upward; be prominent: The tower rose above the hill.
- To slant or slope upward: Mount McKinley rises to 6,197.
- To come into existence; originate.
- To be erected: New buildings are rising in the city.
- To appear at the surface of the water or the earth; emerge.
- To puff up or become larger; swell up: The bread dough should rise to double its original size.
- To become stiff and erect.
- To attain a higher status: an officer who rose through the ranks.
- To become apparent to the mind or senses: Old fears rose to haunt me.
- To uplift oneself to meet a demand or challenge: She rose to the occasion and won the election.
- To return to life.
- To rebel: “the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government” (Abraham Lincoln).
- To close a session of an official assembly; adjourn.
- To cause to rise.
- To cause (a distant object at sea) to become visible above the horizon by advancing closer.
- The act of rising; ascent.
- The degree of elevation or ascent.
- The appearance of the sun or other celestial body above the horizon.
- An increase in height, as of the level of water.
- A gently sloped hill.
- A long, broad elevation that slopes gently from the earth’s surface or the ocean floor.
- An origin, a beginning, or a source: the rise of a river.
- Occasion or opportunity: facts that give rise to doubts about her motives.
- The emergence of a fish seeking food or bait at the water’s surface.
- An increase in price, worth, quantity, or degree.
- An increase in intensity, volume, or pitch.
- Elevation in status, prosperity, or importance: the family’s rise in New York society.
- The height of a flight of stairs or of a single riser.
- An increase in salary or wages; a raise.
- An angry or irritated reaction: finally got a rise out of her.
- verb - to move upward
There are 4 letters in RISE: E I R S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to RISE
To search all scrabble anagrams of RISE, to go: RISE?
Rearrange the letters in RISE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of RISE
What's nearby RISE
Lookup in Wiki for RISE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of RISE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: RISE"