Is RAISE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of RAISE in various dictionaries:
- noun - the amount a salary is increased
- noun - an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
- noun - increasing the size of a bet (as in poker)
- noun - the act of raising something
- verb - raise the level or amount of something
- verb - raise from a lower to a higher position
- verb - cause to be heard or known
- verb - collect funds for a specific purpose
- verb - cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques
- verb - bring up
- verb - summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
- verb - move upwards
- verb - construct, build, or erect
- verb - call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
- verb - create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise
- verb - raise in rank or condition
- verb - increase
- verb - give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
- verb - cause to puff up with a leaven
- verb - bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level
- verb - bet more than the previous player
- verb - cause to assemble or enlist in the military
- verb - put forward for consideration or discussion
- verb - pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth
- verb - activate or stir up
- verb - establish radio communications with
- verb - multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
- verb - bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project
- verb - invigorate or heighten
- verb - put an end to
- verb - cause to become alive again
- To set in an upright or erect position: raise a flagpole.
- To erect or build: raise a new building.
- To cause to arise, appear, or exist: The slap raised a welt.
- To increase in size, quantity, or worth: raise an employee’s salary.
- To increase in intensity, degree, strength, or pitch: raised his voice.
- To improve in rank or dignity; promote: raised her to management level.
- To grow, especially in quantity; cultivate: raise corn and soybeans.
- To breed and care for to maturity: raise cattle.
- To bring up; rear: raise children.
- To voice; utter: raise a shout.
- To awaken; arouse: noise that would raise the dead.
- To stir up; instigate: raise a revolt.
- To bring about; provoke: remarks intended to raise a laugh.
- To make contact with by radio: couldn’t raise the control tower after midnight.
- To gather together; collect: raise money from the neighbors for a charity.
- To cause (dough) to puff up.
- To end (a siege) by withdrawing troops or forcing the enemy troops to withdraw.
- To remove or withdraw (an order).
- To increase (a poker bet).
- To bet more than (a preceding bettor in poker).
- To increase the bid of (one’s bridge partner).
- To bring into sight by approaching nearer: raised the Cape.
- To alter and increase fraudulently the written value of (a check, for example).
- To cough up (phlegm).
- To make angry; enrage.
- The act of raising or increasing.
- An increase in salary.
- To behave in a rowdy or disruptive fashion.
- To reprimand someone angrily.
- adj - to move to a higher position [v RAISED, RAISING, RAISES] : RAISABLE
There are 5 letters in RAISE: A E I R S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to RAISE
To search all scrabble anagrams of RAISE, to go: RAISE?
Rearrange the letters in RAISE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of RAISE
What's nearby RAISE
Lookup in Wiki for RAISE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of RAISE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: RAISE"