Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: TONGUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TONGUE exist?
Definitions of TONGUE in dictionaries:
- noun - a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- noun - a human written or spoken language used by a community
- noun - any long thin projection that is transient
- noun - a manner of speaking
- noun - a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- noun - the tongue of certain animals used as meat
- noun - the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot
- noun - metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side
- verb - articulate by tonguing, as when playing wind instruments
- verb - lick or explore with the tongue
- The fleshy, movable, muscular organ, attached in most vertebrates to the floor of the mouth, that is the principal organ of taste, an aid in chewing and swallowing, and, in human beings, an important organ of speech.
- An analogous organ or part in invertebrate animals, as in certain insects or mollusks.
- The tongue of an animal, such as a cow, used as food.
- A spoken language or dialect.
- Speech; talk: If there is goodness in your heart, it will come to your tongue.
- The act or power of speaking: She had no tongue to answer.
- Style or quality of utterance: her sharp tongue.
- The bark or baying of a hunting dog that sees game: The dog gave tongue when the fox came through the hedge.
- The vibrating end of a reed in a wind instrument.
- A flame.
- The flap of material under the laces or buckles of a shoe.
- A spit of land; a promontory.
- A bell clapper.
- The harnessing pole attached to the front axle of a horse-drawn vehicle.
- A protruding strip along the edge of a board that fits into a matching groove on the edge of another board.
- To separate or articulate (notes played on a brass or wind instrument) by shutting off the stream of air with the tongue.
- To touch or lick with the tongue.
- To provide (a board) with a tongue.
- To join by means of a tongue and groove.
- To scold.
- To articulate notes on a brass or wind instrument.
- To project: a spit of land tonguing into the bay.
- verb - to touch with the tongue (an organ of the mouth)
There are 6 letters in TONGUE: E G N O T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TONGUE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TONGUE plus a wildcard: TONGUE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TONGUE
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for TONGUE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.