Scrabble word: TANGENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does TANGENT exist?
Definitions of TANGENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a straight line or plane that touches a curve or curved surface at a point but does not intersect it at that point
- noun - ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
- Making contact at a single point or along a line; touching but not intersecting.
- A line, curve, or surface touching but not intersecting another line, curve, or surface.
- The trigonometric function of an acute angle in a right triangle that is the ratio of the length of the side opposite the angle to the length of the side adjacent to the angle.
- A sudden digression or change of course: went off on a tangent during the courtroom argument.
- An upright pin in a keyboard instrument, especially in a clavichord, that rises to sound a string when a key is depressed and stops the string at a preset length to set the pitch.
- noun - a straight line in contact with a curve at one point