Scrabble word: TACKLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TACKLE exist?
Definitions of TACKLE in dictionaries:
- noun - the person who plays that position on a football team
- noun - gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- noun - gear used in fishing
- noun - (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
- noun - (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
- verb - accept as a challenge
- verb - put a harness
- verb - seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
- The equipment used in a sport or an occupation, especially in fishing; gear.
- A system of ropes and blocks for raising and lowering weights of rigging and pulleys for applying tension.
- A rope and its pulley.
- Either of the two line players on a team positioned between the guard and the end.
- This position.
- The act of stopping an opposing player by seizing and throwing the player down.
- To take on and wrestle with (an opponent or a problem, for example).
- To seize and throw down (an opposing player).
- To harness (a horse).
- verb - to seize and throw to the ground