Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SWALLOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWALLOW exist?
Definitions of SWALLOW in dictionaries:
- noun - a small amount of liquid food
- noun - the act of swallowing
- noun - small long-winged songbird noted for swift graceful flight and the regularity of its migrations
- verb - pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking
- verb - engulf and destroy
- verb - enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing
- verb - utter indistinctly
- verb - take back what one has said
- verb - keep from expressing
- verb - tolerate or accommodate oneself to
- verb - believe or accept without questioning or challenge
- To cause (food or drink, for example) to pass through the mouth and throat into the stomach.
- To put up with (something unpleasant): swallowed the insults and kept on working.
- To refrain from expressing; suppress: swallow one’s feelings.
- To consume or destroy as if by ingestion; devour: a building that was swallowed up by fire.
- To believe without question: swallowed the alibi.
- To perform the act of swallowing.
- The act of swallowing.
- An amount swallowed.
- The channel through which a rope runs in a block or a mooring chock.
- Any of various small, graceful, swift-flying passerine birds of the family Hirundinidae, having long, pointed wings, a usually notched or forked tail, and a large mouth for catching flying insects and noted for their regular migrations in large numbers, often over long distances.
- Any of various similar birds, such as a swift.
- verb - to take through the mouth and esophagus into the stomach
There are 7 letters in SWALLOW: A L L O S W W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SWALLOW
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SWALLOW plus a wildcard: SWALLOW?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SWALLOW
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SWALLOW
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.