Scrabble word: WALL
In which Scrabble dictionary does WALL exist?
Definitions of WALL in dictionaries:
- noun - an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness
- noun - anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect
- noun - (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure
- noun - a difficult or awkward situation
- noun - a vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- noun - a layer of material that encloses space
- noun - a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden)
- noun - an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes
- verb - surround with a wall in order to fortify
- An upright structure of masonry, wood, plaster, or other building material serving to enclose, divide, or protect an area, especially a vertical construction forming an inner partition or exterior siding of a building.
- A structure of stonework, cement, or other material built to retain a flow of water.
- Something resembling a wall in appearance, function, or construction, as the exterior surface of a body organ or part: the abdominal wall.
- Something resembling a wall in impenetrability or strength: a wall of silence; a wall of fog.
- An extreme or desperate condition or position, such as defeat or ruin: driven to the wall by poverty.
- To divide or separate with or as if with a wall: wall off half a room.
- To enclose within a wall; immure.
- To block or close (an opening or a passage, for example) with or as if with a wall.
- Extremely unconventional.
- Into a state of extreme frustration, anger, or distress: tensions that are driving me up the wall.
- verb - to provide with a wall (an upright structure built to enclose an area)